NELSCOTT, OREGON [1964 BECAME LINCOLN CITY]
The Surf Breaking Over Sea-Wall
The following excerpt is taken from, "Oregon Georgraphic Names."
Nelscott, Lincoln County. "This has become an important summer resort
on the Oregon Coast Highway. A letter by Mrs. ALma Anderson, published in
North Lincoln Coast Guard for May 4, 1939, indicates that the name was
formed by combining parts of the names of Charles P. Nelson and Dr. W.G.
Scott, who opened the townsite in Apr 1926. Nelson died in Dec. 1946. For
editorial comment about his activities, see Sunday Oregonian, Dec. 25, 1946.
On Dec. 8, 1964, Nelscott voted to become part of a new community to be
called Lincoln City."
©1998 Roxann Gess Smith
All Rights Reserved
..... Return to the Oregon Postcards Index
..... Return to "A Place Called Oregon"